Whether you need a roll-off dumpster for a construction job, homebuilding site, road repair, special event, or another purpose, you want to be informed about how to get the best deal.
We have seen some customers select the biggest roll-off dumpster available on the market, but they end up only using a portion of the available space to collect their waste. Alternatively, some customers under-estimate the size of their job and get too small of a roll-dumpster, causing unanticipated headaches, expenses, and delays.
We want to make sure that you select the appropriate size roll-off dumpster so that you get the best price and realize the best value to support your waste collection needs.
How to Estimate How Much Space You Need
Before you rent a roll-off dumpster, you need to evaluate the scope of your job so that you can determine the optimal roll-off dumpster size.
Here is a number to keep in mind from a reliable example of a construction site. According to a recent research report on construction waste, the amount of waste at a typical construction site will be 30 percent of the total weight of building materials used at the site.
Therefore, before you decide on the size of the roll-off dumpster that best suits your job, you should determine the total weight of the materials that will be used at the site. This requires advanced planning to unlock a reliable figure.
Then, once you determine the weight of materials, you can calculate 30 percent to determine your anticipated waste collection needs.
Which Roll-off Dumpster Will Fit the Job?
When you have a numerical estimate of your waste needs, you can get the best rental deal. Consider these examples offered by Gainsborough Waste.
– 20-yard roll-off dumpster: Ideal for mid-size home remodels and commercial builds, landscaping projects, and building material disposal.
- Long Box dimensions: 22’ x 8’ x 3.5’ = 616 volume
- Short Box dimensions: 16’ 8’ 5.5’ = 704 volume
– 30-yard roll-off dumpster: Ideal for mid-to-large scale commercial or residential construction projects, industrial waste removal, tree trimming, junk removal, and general trash disposal.
- Dimensions: 22’ x 8’ x 5.5’ = 968 volume
– 40-yard roll-off dumpster: Ideal for large-scale commercial builds and remodels, bulky and industrial waste, and special event/disaster clean-up.
- Dimensions: 22’ 8’ x 8’ = 1,408 volume
Notice how the 40-yard roll-off dumpster holds twice the volume of waste as the short box 20-yard dumpster. If you need a dumpster for a large-scale project, the 40-yard dumpster is an ideal use of resources. However, if you are working on a small-to-mid-sized home remodel, the 40-yard dumpster would add unnecessary expenses to your construction job when a dumpster at half the size could get the job done.
This example highlights the importance of identifying the size of your job to estimate your waste needs to get the best roll-off dumpster price.
Work with Gainsborough Waste to Maximize Your Resources
We want you to utilize the right size roll-off dumpster to support your job. When you are ready to schedule a roll-off dumpster for your job site or event, contact our team to discuss your needs and how to get the best price and fit for a roll-off dumpster.