Are you looking for disposal facilities in Houston for non-hazardous materials? Gainsborough Waste offers two convenient local Dump Sites for the safe, easy disposal of dry construction and demolition waste materials.
If you need a quick, easy, and affordable way to unload non-hazardous job site materials, including concrete, lumber, sheetrock, brick, sheet metal, and cardboard, you can count on us.
First, let’s look further into the difference between non-hazardous waste and hazardous waste. We want to provide you with valuable information on what materials you can bring to our Dump Site so that you know exactly how to dispose of non-hazardous waste.
Non-Hazardous Materials vs. Hazardous Materials
Whether you represent a construction company, a homebuilder, or a contractor, it’s important to understand the differences between hazardous and non-hazardous materials. When completing construction jobs, everyone from do-it-yourselfers to waste and junk removal specialists should know how to sort materials so they can be disposed of properly.
– Hazardous materials fall into four categories: ignitable materials, corrosive materials, reactive materials, and toxic materials. Special disposal practices are necessary for such materials.
Our dump sites accept non-hazardous materials only. Examples of such materials include cardboard, lumber, concrete, sheetrock, sheet metal, and brick.
Why Turn to Gainsborough Waste for Non-Hazardous Waste Disposal in Houston?
We understand what a headache it can be to dispose of non-hazardous materials from job sites. All too often, the process takes considerable amounts of time, chipping away at contractors’ productivity. We’ve designed our non-hazardous waste materials disposal sites for optimal speed and efficiency.
Gainsborough Waste is pleased to operate two dump sites in Houston that are approved by TCEQ (Texas Commission on Environmental Quality). Our sites are classified by TCEQ as Type V Dump Sites for C&D dry waste (no food waste). This classification provides you with assurance that we are qualified to handle your non-hazardous materials.
Some of the top benefits of our non-hazardous waste disposal sites include the following:
- Two convenient locations. Our location at 5200 Egbert Street is situated just north of I-10 in Midtown. The second location at 950 McCarty Street is near the intersection of I-10 and Highway 90, not far from the Port of Houston and the Anheuser Busch brewery.
- Clean, concrete surfaces. Unlike many waste disposal sites, which require trucks to navigate over dirt roads that leave vehicles coated in dust and mud, our disposal facilities are totally surfaced with concrete. Therefore, the process is significantly cleaner and easier to manage.
- Easy in and out. In contrast to many disposal facilities, we offer easy in-and-out service. On average, the entire process takes about 7 to 10 minutes, which is much faster than the usual 30-minute wait times standard at other disposal sites.
- Visibility. Our sites are clearly marked, making it easy to navigate in and out in no time.
- Convenient payment process. Both of our Houston non-hazardous waste disposal sites offer a fast, easy payment process. We accept all major credit cards so that you can handle payments for services rendered quickly and efficiently.
- Cash options. Our disposal sites also accept cash, offering the convenience you need to make short, easy work of disposing of non-hazardous job site materials.
- Sorting and Recycling. When you dispose of sheetrock, concrete, and other construction materials at one of our Houston facilities, you don’t have to worry about sorting yourself. After you unload materials from your vehicle, our team will sort everything.
- Recycling. We will handle your material with care. We will send all clean wood to nearby mulching facilities for recycling, and only about 25% of materials end up in landfills.
How to Dispose of Non-Hazardous Waste at Our Locations
Disposing of non-hazardous waste materials at our Houston area Dump Sites couldn’t be easier. We’ve set everything up to make the process as fast, convenient, and efficient as possible for busy contractors and other construction professionals. Here’s what to expect:
1. Call to schedule service. When your non-hazardous material is ready for disposal, give us a call at 713-785-8050 to schedule a time to drop off materials at one of our locations. Scheduled drop-offs help us keep wait times to a minimum, allowing contractors to get in and out of the site quickly.
2. Bring waste materials at the appointed time. Load your non-hazardous materials into the bed of a pickup truck or a 12-foot, 14-foot, or 16-foot trailer and bring the materials to our Dump Site during your scheduled time.
3. Provide payment information. Both sites accept cash payments and payments from all major credit cards. When you arrive, provide your payment information if paying by credit card, and your payment will be processed right away.
4. Unload your waste materials. Be prepared to unload waste materials from your truck or trailer so that our team can start the sorting process. Please note that hardhats and safety vests are required.
5. Hit the road and leave the rest to us. Once you’ve unloaded your non-hazardous waste materials, you can be on your way. Our team will take things from there.
Schedule Your Timeslot at Our Houston Dump Site
With Gainsborough Waste, disposing of non-hazardous waste materials in Houston is fast, clean, convenient, and efficient. Contact us today to schedule a drop-off at one of our Dump Sites.
To set your timeslot, call 713-785-8050 right away. Our team is standing by to provide you with assistance.