Do you have neighbors that constantly seem to be working on home improvement or DIY homebuilding projects? You may wonder how those folks get rid of piles of debris, construction waste, or unwanted junk that accrue during home renovation projects.
As a leading waste service provider in the Greater Houston area, we can help answer your questions by pointing out a few different options to remove large amounts of waste during a residential project. Keep this information handy so that you are prepared to manage waste when it’s your turn to complete a home improvement project!
Residential Waste Service Options from Gainsborough Waste
Consider these primary options to find professional help managing waste that accumulates during a home improvement project.
- Roll-off Dumpsters
- Dump Site
- Call to Schedule a Haul
1. Rent a Roll-Off Dumpster
You don’t have to be a professional construction manager to rent a dumpster for a home project. Renovation and DIY activities create bulky waste, and not having a plan for where you’re going to dispose of that waste will become an issue very fast.
We offer multiple sizes of roll-off dumpsters that are available for rent and delivery to your residential location:
- 15-yard roll-off dumpster
- 20-yard roll-off dumpster
- 30-yard roll-off dumpster
- 40-yard roll-off dumpster
Houston residents rent our roll-off dumpsters for many reasons. Some of the common projects include home and garage gutting and cleaning, home improvements that require knocking down walls or putting up new sheetrock, remodeling the interior of a house when moving to a new residence, home renovations, and storm clean-up. We offer disposal services for many other types of projects!
FAQs on Renting Dumpsters
If you have not rented a dumpster before, it’s common to have questions about how everything works. We are always happy to discuss your project over the phone and answer all of your questions. Please do not hesitate to call us at 713-785-8050. For quick answers, here are the things we are asked about the most frequently:
– How does the pricing work? The price for your dumpster rental is determined by the size of the dumpster you rent, the materials being disposed of and their weight, your proximity to our facility, and how full the dumpster is at the time of pick-up.
– What items can’t go in the dumpster? Hazardous or flammable materials should always be disposed of separately with safety best practices in mind.
– How long can I rent the dumpster? Lengths of time for rentals are flexible. We understand that some projects may take a while if you anticipate working on projects during weekends or holiday breaks. We will work out an agreement between you and our company when you schedule the rental.
– Where should I put the dumpster? The dumpster should be placed on a flat area that has at least 3 feet of clearance space around the perimeter of the dumpster, at least 22 feet of height clearance, and ample room for one of our trucks to arrive on-site and complete the pick-up. If you choose to put the dumpster on a paved driveway, it’s a good idea to put down a tarp or slab of wood to reduce the risk of damage to the property.
2. Use Our Dump Site
If you’re a do-it-yourself kind of person, you also have the option of bringing your waste to our Dump Site. We have two locations in Houston specifically chosen for convenience where you can drop off your construction or demolition debris. We’ll take your waste from a truck bed or trailer, allowing you to quickly return to your project. (View our location, pricing, and hours.)
Plus, if you are a first-time user, we are currently offering $25 off the price of your first disposal! When you call us at 713-785-8050 to schedule your delivery time, mention the discount.
Before you load up your truck or trailer to bring waste to our Dump Site, be mindful that we accept certain types of waste. Be sure to separate out waste that we do not accept. We accept the following types of residential construction waste at our Dump Site:
- Roofing materials.
- Yard waste (e.g. landscaping or tree trimming).
- Non-hazardous waste.
If you have questions about certain materials, such as disposing of wood, we can answer your questions over the phone when you call to schedule delivery. We specifically offer recycling services for clean wood that we will transfer to a local mulch facility for recycling.
3. Schedule a Haul
Do you already have a large amount of junk that just needs to be removed from your residence? No problem. Just give us a call and we will bring our trucks and equipment to your location to haul away waste.
If you are able to schedule ahead, that is preferred. However, if you need a team to arrive on-site immediately, we will do our best to accommodate all requests, including day-of-calls.
For fast service, scroll up to the top of our website and click the blue “Request a Haul” button. Let us know some basic information and the service address, then we’ll get back to you right away with a follow-up plan to haul away your waste!
Here to Help with Residential Waste Service Needs in Houston
When it’s your turn to update your home, let us know how we can help remove bulky home renovation waste from your residence. Give us a call to talk to our customer service team and get your residential waste service scheduled today!
By working with Gainsborough Waste, we’ll help keep your project on track so that you can get more done in a shorter period of time.