Spring has sprung in Houston! Is your yard ready? Now is the ideal time to clean up your yard to get it in tip-top shape for the spring and summer months ahead.
Before getting started, sit down and ensure you have everything you’ll need to get the job done effectively and efficiently. For example, it helps to know how to dispose of yard waste, especially if you expect to produce a lot of yard waste or if you plan to remove large, bulky items from your property.
In the Greater Houston area, Gainsborough Waste has you covered with an affordable roll-off dumpster rental to help you place all of your yard waste in one reliable location.
Get the Most Out of Your Yard Cleanup Project
It’s a good idea to conduct an intensive yard clean-up once or twice per year. The spring season is a terrific time to take care of this when the weather is nice in Houston. Then, you can follow up on your efforts by performing minor upkeep throughout the spring and summer, including mowing the lawn regularly and pulling weeds.
Although you may want to head out there and get started right away on a major yard clean-up project, it helps to take a measured approach to the situation. Depending on the size and condition of your yard, you may be looking at a few days worth of cleanup. Perhaps even the entire weekend! Make the most of your time by planning things out beforehand.
Gather Your Supplies
The right tools can make a world of difference when performing a heavy-duty yard cleanup. Instead of waiting until you’re out there doing the work, do a quick inventory beforehand to ensure that you have everything you need to get the work done quickly and efficiently.
Your yard cleanup efforts will go more smoothly when you have the following supplies ready to go:
- Work gloves
- Weed trimmer
- Pressure washer
- Pruning shears
- Tree pruner with pole
- Other yard tools as needed for the job!
Additionally, make sure you have ancillary items for the tools listed above. For instance, do you have enough gas for the mower? Do you have any extra string for your string trimmer? Are your electric-powered tools charged?
Get the Job Done Faster with a Roll-Off Dumpster
In addition to ensuring that you have the tools you need for the job, you should consider renting one of our yard waste dumpsters before starting your yard cleanup project. Renting a roll-off dumpster is especially wise when dealing with a huge yard or tons of bulky, unwieldy debris.
By renting a roll-off dumpster, you can dispose of all yard waste and other debris in one fell swoop. You can throw everything into the dumpster instead of filling bag after bag of yard waste and hauling the bags to the curb. And, you won’t have to wait weeks for bulky yard clippings like tree branches, stumps, and limbs to be picked up by the City of Houston.
It’s much easier to get every last piece of waste cleared away when you have a single, convenient place to put it all.
In the Greater Houston area, Gainsborough Waste is the name to trust for roll-off dumpster rentals. We offer various size dumpsters that can hold anywhere from 15 cubic yards to 40 cubic yards of solid waste.
For a typical residential yard cleanup project, we recommend a 15-yard roll-off dumpster to get the job done. But, if you have a bigger job or are cleaning up a large property, then consider going up another size or two to find the right dumpster for the job!
Our industry-leading lineup of roll-off dumpsters will help you get the job done in less time than you would expect. You can throw nearly all types of yard waste into one of our dumpsters, including the following:
- Large branches and limbs
- Uprooted bushes and trees
- Old or broken concrete
- All types of biodegradable, organic waste
You can also throw any loose dirt into our dumpsters if the dirt is not contaminated with toxic, hazardous, or flammable materials. Likewise, our dumpsters are not suitable for any other type of hazardous waste materials.
Follow These Steps for Cleaning Up a Yard
After we deliver a roll-off dumpster to your location, we recommend following these basic steps to whip your Houston yard into shape:
1. Collect large debris. Go around the yard collecting loose tree branches, sticks, and other large pieces of debris from the ground. Also, take care of all the overgrown shrubs that popped up during the fall and winter seasons.
2. Clear the ground. With larger items cleared away, use a rake to clear smaller debris. Along the way, collect any rocks, roots, or other items that may cause problems. Place leaves and other yard waste into bags, or throw them right into your rented roll-off dumpster.
3. Pull weeds. Pull and dispose of any weeds you find growing in the yard. Use a weed trimmer or string trimmer to clear away large sections of weeds or other overgrowths.
4. Trim trees and shrubs. Use pruning shears to trim shrubs and trees around the yard to give them a more uniform appearance and to prevent them from growing into electrical wires or onto your home. Use more industrial tools for tougher jobs.
5. Mow the lawn. Mow the entire lawn, but don’t cut it too short.
6. Fill bare patches. For bare patches in the lawn, apply some high-quality topsoil and then spread a thin layer of grass seed. Rake it over, and then spread compost lightly over it. Water the spots daily until they are filled in well.
7. Edge the lawn. Use an edger or a string trimmer to clean up the edges of the lawn near pathways, decks, and patios.
8. Pressure wash. Use a pressure washer to clean dirt and debris from pathways, patios, decks, siding, and other areas.
Make Yard Cleanup Easier with a Roll-Off Dumpster Rental from Gainsborough Waste
When you don’t have to worry about where to place yard waste, you can spend more time focusing on making your yard look great for the rest of the year. We’ll take care of your waste needs by providing you with quick access to the right-size roll-off dumpster for your job.
We offer roll-off dumpster options for every need and budget. Plus, our helpful team will drop off the dumpster at your location, place it in the right location that is easily accessible but won’t ruin your yard, and we’ll pick it back up when the job is done.
Contact us today to schedule a rental for your upcoming yard cleanup project. Call us at 713-785-8050 to speak with our customer service team right away!