What is the Best Roll-off Dumpster Size for Your Job?
Roll-off dumpsters are a critical element of a construction or job site, special event, or homebuilding project. Being able to manage the waste produced at these locations will allow you to finish a job on-schedule or complete a tear-down on-time.
To maintain the costs of waste support, you want to have the right size roll-off dumpsters available at your location. There are two kinds of risk from not having the right size available on-site:
- Underestimating the amount of space required to manage waste, leading to increased costs from a rush order for additional dumpsters.
- Overestimating the amount of space required to manage waste, leading to unnecessary spending.
How to Estimate the Roll-off Dumpster Size You Need
Before you schedule roll-off dumpster service, you need to determine the scope of your job or evaluate the size of your event.
Here is a number to keep in mind from a reliable example of a construction site. According to this research report on construction waste, the amount of waste at a typical construction site is 30 percent of the total weight of building materials used at the site.
(If you are planning an event that will require waste services during set-up or tear-down, you can also use 30 percent as a good rule of thumb.)
Therefore, before you decide on the size of the roll-off dumpster that best suits your job, you should determine the total weight of the materials that will be used at the site or event. This requires advanced planning to determine a reliable figure.
Then, once you determine the weight of materials, you can calculate 30 percent to determine your anticipated waste collection needs.
Which Size Roll-off Dumpster Will Fit the Job?
When you have a numerical estimate of your waste needs, you can make a smart decision scheduling the optimal roll-off dumpster services. Consider these examples offered by Gainsborough Waste.
– 20-yard roll-off dumpster: Ideal for mid-size home remodels and commercial builds, landscaping projects, small outdoor events, and building material disposal.
- Long Box dimensions: 22’ x 8’ x 3.5’ = 616 volume
- Short Box dimensions: 16’ 8’ 5.5’ = 704 volume
– 30-yard roll-off dumpster: Ideal for mid-to-large scale commercial or residential construction projects, industrial waste removal, tree trimming, junk removal, mid-sized concerts and outdoor events, and general trash disposal.
Dimensions: 22’ x 8’ x 5.5’ = 968 volume
– 40-yard roll-off dumpster: Ideal for large-scale commercial builds and remodels, bulky and industrial waste, large outdoor events, and special event/disaster clean-up.
Dimensions: 22’ 8’ x 8’ = 1,408 volume
Notice that the 40-yard roll-off dumpster holds twice the volume of waste as the short box 20-yard dumpster. If you need a dumpster for a large-scale project, the 40-yard dumpster is an ideal use of resources.
However, if you are working on a small home remodel or planning a neighborhood outdoor fair, the 40-yard dumpster would add unnecessary expenses when a dumpster at half the size could get the job done.
Work with Gainsborough Waste to Select the Right-Size Dumpsters
We offer a wide selection of roll-off dumpsters to fit your specific needs. Our knowledgeable customer service team will work with you to match up the size of your job or event with our roll-off dumpster selection.
Call us today at 713-999-6178 to discuss roll-off dumpster services. You can also provide us with information about your specific job or event by completing this form or emailing email@example.com.